Workshop Re-do

The last week or so I have been busy redoing my workshop - it had gotten into a really bad state. Storage that I had quickly grown out of, and then shelving, crates and makeshift additions had made the space cramped, dark, uncomfortable. Not to mention cold! 
I found a wool carpet on Freecycle and decided to use the opportunity as an excuse to gut the entire workshop! 

I also wanted to add colour, I am not a fan of all white, and braved this deep rich delicious mossy green! I wanted to paint all the walls but many other wise folks said NO.... 





I had a few little helpers

It made a huge difference adding the carpet - it suddenly felt brighter yet cosier! And warmer under foot, too.... 



We brought this old dresser last year as it was being sold off for £20 and we couldn't resist it. It was totally hidden in the workshop before though, with my fabric cabinet on top, and the table in front! I wanted to have it out on display, and get the mirror out from storage! 


It reflected so much light, I don't know why I hadn't done it sooner! 


Things moved pretty quickly then, and I put up the bookshelves, the cabinet that holds all my creatures, made by other creative folks - and my own Sprytlings. 



It was very hard for me to choose only a few prints to put up! I brought a beautiful one from an artist on etsy - the girl at the top. The moment I saw it I knew I needed it in the workshop! She felt like a version of myself. Go check out her gorgeous art here.


 I love this night time shot. I no longer have the big Sprytes up on there though!
The light through the window is truly wonderful. Gold on green.

My bone/curiousity cabinet is all up! I still feel it is lacking something - I can't decide wether the background should actually be a dark colour so the bones stand out?

This is a shot just for the pretties... I obviously can't keep my threads stored like this, it would be a disaster.. I am far to lazy to stack them all back up again if I needed one from the bottom!
I am waiting till I have the funds to purchase a spool rack. Boy, are those expensive!


I decided at the last minute to paint the machine desk dark green to match the wall. So glad I did! 


I will be installing a roof over the weekend (Yes, it's all a little backward! Shh!) So that parts you can see that aren't painted will be hidden!

 A close up of who lives in the boxes. One day I will line the backs!



Well, I hope you enjoyed a sneak peak into my work in progress workshop! Fingers crossed that next week I will be back to regular sheduling. You can follow me on Instagram Here to follow updates, and see chatty videos of the workshop redo in my highlights.

See you soon!

Comments