Spring Madness Part I - GREMLINS

Woah, Spring has brought so many plans and ideas to life! Lot's of things I was daydreaming of making, ideas that only came together once in fabric, and Sprytes long in planning. 

As you know, I have been wanting to create large gremins for a while now, and have mentioned it over the last few months.  It took a while fiddling, and working out exactly *how* big I wanted them to be. I used my printer to scale my pattern pieces, which felt like quite an upgrade from doing it  by hand!

I started making them just under twice as big, (if that makes sense) thinking that would be big enough. You couldn't really tell the difference though, so with the next enlargement, I may of gone slightly overboard...
This guy is about 5cm taller than the original Gremlins
So, the next one was made up TWO AND A HALF TIMES AS BIG! The pattern pieces creeped out my partners kids, so I knew I was onto a winner. :D
Even before she was finished, I knew. THIS was the one.

Here is Griselda, the very first. She will soon be joined by a sister, Helda, and 3 other siblings. (I'd love to hear your name suggestions in the comments!)

She is so so soft, and weighted with steel shot, she feels like she is made for hugs. (I won't tell her if you dont...!)
I will be offering little hats and jackets for them, too!

 
I'd love to know what you think of them, and wether the hats and jackets are something you would be interested in.....

Write soon,
Victoria.

Comments

Post a Comment