A month of Sprytlings

This month I have been preparing for a fair that was meant to be this weekend but was cancelled because of all this crazy snow!! I wanted to have lots of Sprytlings, as they always seem to be the most popular, and so I experimented with making ones resembling woodland creatures, as well as the snails, shroomies and flutterlings!

I have had so much fun making these guys, and I think I will offer them on a made to order availability - each one will still be unique, but still clearly version of one idea. If that makes sense!!

I have had so much fun making these guys, and I think I will offer them on a made to order availability - each one will still be unique, but still clearly version of one idea. If that makes sense!! My personal favourite is the crow, and I will be making variations with horns and beaks. 

I think I will work on the fox a little more, as he doesn’t feel quite right to me yet, though I am happy enough with this guy.




As always, I love the shroomies, the snails need some more loving, and I have been blown away by how the Flutterlings have found a life of their own. I think I want to make versions of real moths and butterflies wings though. What do you think?



In other news, I have been battling the cold and the mess in the workshop. The cold has defeated me eventually, and I have been working inside for the last week and a half. The mess too, is winning. I have been slowly accumulating more and more supplies, without a real storage system, or anything resembling organisation. So, Over the next month I will be sorting things out, getting rid of supplies that I know I won’t actually ever use, in preparation of gutting the workshop in late April, installing roof insulation, carpet (Which we are picking up tomorrow!!) and totally re-thinking the space. I am pretty excited! I want to get back to a space that I am excited to spend time in. Not terrified of. 

There are a few fairs coming up, and I would like to book some for the summer, once we know what the plans are with Mr’s children! A festival would be wonderful!! 

In addition to workshop-working, I want to work on Gremlin babies, and a MASSIVE gremlin. Hey - did I already mention this? Hmmm. Well, it’s still in the pipe-line, and now I have the eyes! They are BIG!!!

Well, I guess that is it from me, I will hopefully see you again soon, as I am putting plans in motion to be able to write weekly updates. Fingers crossed!

Comments

Post a Comment