Preparing for Spring...

Spring is my joint favourite month, with Summer. I love the promise of new beginings, all the life unfurling around me. I feel really inspired, lots of Sprytes are being born in my head, as well as creatures I haven't yet met!
So far this month though, I have been working on The Spring Goddesses third reincarntaion. This time, it will be her final... She has evoked Brighid, the Irish Goddess, and we are working on a dress of yellows, gold and whites, and she has a small calf to care for too, as cows are sacred to her. I am really really pleased with how she is coming along, she just needs a few little extras and then she'll be done! I am making a green mantle/cloak which can be removed and laid out on Imbolc to be blessed.


I am also looking forward to making more Gremlins, BIIIIG ones with tactile fabrics, teeny tiny ones ala Bog Parkin.

There will also be lots more Mini Sprytlings, shroomies, snails, butterflies, moths, bees..... It's an exciting time during Spring at Sprytewood!
Outside of the wood I hope to be writing more stories, copying up old ones that have never been typed up, and, excitingly, practising my illustrations so I can add drawings to the tales.

In december I vended at Woodstocks Christmas Fair in December - it was so much fun, and I am applying to do many more this year, which I will let you know about as they get closer!!


On a final note, all the Ruckies still available are now on sale at 25% off, only until the end of Feb! Visit the Etsy Store to adopt! <3


Comments

Post a Comment