June Update.

I have been so busy these last few months - I feel like I have been on a creative purge, doing all the things I had stored up in me from the last few years! The Ruckies are finally coming into their own - finding the colours and textures they like, being more accessible  and vocal with me about how they want to look. It was difficult with them being so silent before - I'm not used to it! It was hard to stop making them, and do my other projects, I wish there were a few more me's!
There is the Tea Party set (Lottie, Elliot, Sara, Albert & Penelope)  the Autumn Triplets(Alice, Ida & Edward), Suzy-Q, Marple, Lizzie, and two Elders, the Spring God and Goddess. I am halfway through making a bone queen, and have 3 or 4 more Ruckies planned! (I'll keep the under wraps, though!)
I did manage to break away from Ruckies, though - and made tiny little babies, which I had been trying to do for YEARS! You can read more about them in a separate post, and see the photos, too. I made a trio of Sprytlings I adore, as the initial set I made didn't feel right to me. I still need to go back and have a chat with them, and find out what I have done wrong!
Most exciting of all, however - is that I have made more Gremlins. For those that have been friends of the Sprytes for a while, especially those that have met me, will know of my buddy Pico. A naughty, sweet, charming little heart-stealing Gremlin. Lot's of people have asked if I was making more, and I always put it off.
I never really knew how Pico came into existence. I was bored one evening, and experimenting with needle sculpting, which I hadn't tried before. At the end of the night, I had Pico. I remember sitting there, holding him in my hards and thinking, "Oh my god, how did I do this!?" 5 years later, I'm even more clueless, and only managed to keep hold of a few of the pattern pieces.
But, I decided to sit down, and just give it a go. I'm really pleasantly suprised. Of course, their are still some minor tweaks to do, some abnormalities I can't quite understand, but - they look great. They sit in your cupped hands perfectly, and look ready to wreak havoc with their sweet kissable faces.
The other ideas I am playing with, are for these (very) large Imps. Long rag-doll style dolls, with painted/embroidered faces. Really simple, but huggable. They are not very nice creatures, though, snd will have wonderful mean faces! The other idea are Trolls. Sweet, mossy, earthy creatures with clay sculpted faces and fur bodies. They are docile creatures, who just like to sit and watch the world got by. They are often mistaken for small hills, hillocks and tuffets ;) I can imagine them with small snails or insects perched on top of them.

I am getting ready for a fair in September, which doesn't feel that far away now - especially as we are going away for two weeks in August, and I feel like I have so much yet to do! It is really fun and exciting, having something to prepare for, and I am loving being in such a creative, productive zone.



I will upload a few more stories as I write them, and update you again next month!
The British Faery.

Comments

  1. I think you mean you don't really know how Pico ended up looking like Pico, yes? Because the reason you made him is because I asked if you'd make a Gremlin for the gremlin cage. Remember?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In fact, I HAD forgotten why I had decided to make Pico, but yes, that's what I meant, I didn't know how I had done such a good job, on my first attempt!

      Delete

Post a Comment