A busy start to the year...!

Last year, I didn't really get too much done, so this year I am determined to be as productive as possible.
It's still far too cold to be working in the workshop, so I have taken over the kitchen able again, muahaha. ;)
This is what it has been looking like since January, much to my other half's delight....




To add a little variesty to the Sprytes world, I have been working on these little creatures, I think they are called Whisps. These were early prototypes, I am now working on some cotton versions, with painted and embroidered faces.



My main energy though, has gone into transforming my Spring God and Goddess. I really wasn't happy with them last year, they didn't feel regal enough, their personalities were not shining through. I stripped them back, and just let them guide me.
I am so, so happy with them now, they almost glow - It is going to be really hard to see them go! One of the things I am really pleased with, is the bases. I wanted them to be more 'art' pieces, and that meant them being able to stand alone. I found these wood slices, which were so perfect.


I added little details, of moss, easter eggs, a spring hare, flowers and mushrooms. (Excuse the flash-photo)


Here is the Spring God - He has a crown made of reindeer moss. I love it so much! I embroidred a little vest for him, and made a staff, too.






 This is the Spring goddess as a work in progress, with plastic flowers, which I changed in the end. They didn't quite feel natural enough, and a little too 'pink' for my aesthetics.


































Well, that's is just a little update from me - more to come soon! Including a new Ruckie set, a Tea Party Collection, which have all been dyed with a different type of tea. They smell wonderful!

The British Faery

Comments